The General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on the 25th May 2018 across the EU.
WHAT IS GDPR?
The regulation emphasizes transparency, security and accountability by data controllers, while at the same time standardizing and strengthening the right of European citizens to data privacy. The GDPR gives data protection authorities more robust powers to tackle non-compliance, including significant administrative fines.
HOW DOES IT AFFECT SCIRA?
Within SCIRA we process personal data as part of our activity, therefore we must seek express consent from people when we want to store their data. Data may include name, date of birth, address, contact details, likenesses, video and sound recordings and photographs.
SCIRA stores the personal data of its officers, committee officials, national secretaries and others, and publishes this data on the SCIRA website and in the Rulebook.
Up to now, consent has been implied in that a person giving their details knew they would be published. That is no longer good enough.
Now, SCIRA must be able to demonstrate that it has obtained clear written consent to the processing of any individual’s personal data for one or more specific purposes.
WHAT HAPPENS NOW
SCIRA has contacted every National Secretary to request consent to use their personal data and the data of their members for the legitimate purposes pursued by the SCIRA. National Secretaries should ensure that they are compliant with GDPR with respect to their own national associations.
Most NORs now state that photographs taken at the event may be used for publicity, and the Entry Form should contain a paragraph in which the Skipper (on his own behalf and on behalf of his Crew) gives explicit permission for any photos taken at the event (on and off water) to be used by the OA and SCIRA.
The SCIRA Privacy Notice is published under Members tab on the Snipe website
Any questions about this please contact the Executive Director:
2019 Dues by Country
As of December 3, 2019
View the current or archived version of the Snipe Bulletin, the official newsletter of SCIRA by clicking on the "Bulletin" tab above.
Change of Address
Moved? Submit your change of address directly to the SCIRA office Change of Address Form.doc
Board Meeting Minutes
- 2003 Board of Governors Meeting, Landskrona, Sweden (24 kb pdf)
- 2005 Board of Governors Meeting, Gamagori, Japan
- 2007 Board of Governor Meeting, Porto, Portugal
- 2009 Board of Governors Meeting, San Diego, CA, USA
- 2011 Board of Governors Meeting, Denmark
- 2013 Board of Governors Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, BRA
- 2015 Board of Governors Meeting, Talamone, ITA
- 2017 Board of Governos Meeting, La Coruna, Spain
- 2019 Board of Governors Meeting.Ilhabela, BRA
National Secretary Meetings - World Championships
- 2011 National Secretaries Minutes, Rio de Janeiro, BRA
- 2013 National Secretaries Minutes, Rio de Janeiro, BRA
- 2015 National Secretaries Minutes, Talamone, ITA
- 2017 National Secretaries Minutes, La Coruna, Spain
- 2019 National Secretaries Minutes. Ilhabela, BRA
European National Secretaries
2004 European Nationals Secretaries Meeting (42 KB pdf)
- 2012 European National Secretaries Meeting, Italy
- 2014 European National Secretaries Meeting, Poland
- 2016 European National Secretaries Meeting, Spain
- 2018 European National Secretaries Meeting. Finland
Western Hemisphere & Orient National Secretaries
- 2012 Western Hemisphere & Orient National Secretaries Meeting, Argentina
- 2014 Western Hemisphere & Orient National Secretaries Meeting, San Diego, CA USA
- 2016 Western Hemisphere & Orient National Secretaries Meeting, Cabo Frio, BRA
- 2018 Western Hemisphere & Orient National Secretaries Meeting. BsAs, ARG