Snipe News Archive
Winter Snipe Bulletin 2014
The latest issue of the Snipe Bulletin, Winter 2014 is now available on the website. Worlds reports & interview with 2x World Champion Bruno Bethlem!
SCIRA Officers for 2014
Congratulations to the SCIRA Officers elected for 2014
- Commodore: Ricardo Lobato, Brazil
- Vice Commodore: Gweneth Crook, Canada
- Secretary: Pietro Fantoni, Italy
- Treasurer: Renee Bartel, USA
- European General Secretary: Zbigniew Rakocy, Poland
- WH&O General Secretary: Alex Juk, Brazil
- Rules Chairman: Antonio Bari, Italy
- Chief Information Officer: Don Bedford, USA
Jr & Sr World Championship
Snipe Junior World Championships:
Congratulations to Lucas Mesquita and Douglas Gomm, 2013 Jr World Champions!
Congratulations to Bruno Bethlem and Dante Bianchi, 2013 World Champions!
Miami Snipe Invitational
Make your plans now for this "first of the year' event.
We have a special entry fee of $75 for International Teams (non- North Americans) at the Miami Snipe Invite this year.
- Ride from Airport
- Charter Boat (very good quality)
- Saturday Dinner & Sunday lunch
- 2-day clinc & 2-day regatta
Fees for North American Teams are: Entry - $65, Charter Boat: $60 (includes insurance)
More information can be found at www.miamisnipeinvite.com
Dates Set for Major Championships for 2014
The Snipe calendar has been set with major regatta dates for 2014
- Midwinters - Clearwater, Florida: March 16-18
- Don Q - Miami, Florida: March 21-23
- Bacardi/Gamblin/Kelly - Nassau, Bahamas: March 25-29
South Americans: Porto Alegre, BRA: April 13-15, Mixed & Masters; April 16-19, Jr & Sr.
European Championship: Jr & Sr: Kamien Pomorski, Poland: August 13-23
World Master Championship: Fukuoka, Japan: August 25-31
Western Hemisphere & Orient Championship: San Diego, Calif.: Sept 6-12
Women's World Championship: Villa Carlos Paz, Cordoba, ARG: Nov 3-10
Mon. 6 Apr, 2020 7:00 pm - Sat. 11 Apr, 2020 8:09 pm
Sat. 30 May, 2020 4:00 pm - Mon. 1 Jun, 2020 5:13 pm
Mon. 31 Aug, 2020 9:00 pm - Sat. 5 Sep, 2020 10:39 pm
Tue. 22 Sep, 2020 6:00 pm - Sat. 26 Sep, 2020 7:24 pm